Cotswold Vale Farmers Hunt
The Cotswold Vale Farmers Hunt was established in 1947, in order to hunt the Vale
of Gloucester and Forest of Dean The founder Members were Gloucestershire
Farmers led by Edward Pullen.
The Hounds were initially kennelled at Boddington Manor. .
In 1978 changes in ownership forced the CVFH to find new premises and John
and Philip Whitehouse offered the lease of some land at Bradley Farm, Mitcheldean.
Members of the Hunt set forth to convert this site to Hunt Kennels digging drains,
laying concrete building hound lodges and buildings, stables for the horses were
erected and a mobile home installed.
In 2001 hounds were moved temporarily to the Croome and West Warwickshire
In 2004 the Hunt was able to buy some land in Gotherington, near Cheltenham
from a long time subscriber John Hopkins and then built new Kennels which is
where it is at this present time.